From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.ORG [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.ORG]On
Behalf Of Karl Sandstrom
Sent: 12 March 2005 23:26
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.ORG
Subject: [amsat-bb] SatPC32

Is anyone using SatPC32 with an LVBTracker, successfully, for rotor
control??

I am having serious trouble with this set-up.  I am using the LVBTracker as
USB device and the virtual com port drivers.  It is all running on a Pentium
3, 667mhz with Windows XP Pro.

When I active the rotor control function the relays in my control box sound
like machine guns as the chatter.  I have set the rotor delay up to 5000
with
no effect.  Also, the rotor will go to the correct spot when the rotor
control
is first activated but it never moves the rotor after that.  Do I have some
settings that are off?  Does anyone have any experience here?

BTW, my set-up works great with NOVA so I expected it to work with SatPC32
as
well.  I would like to get computer Doppler control for mode L/S without
having to run two or more programs.

Karl R. Sandstrom, K5MAN
AMSAT Area Coordinator
W5YI Volunteer Examiner