Re: Fwd: Re: Another financial question

Dave Guimont wrote:

 >> Brian, I'll let the answerers decide if they are fair, or not...

 >> Wrong, some of us protested an FM only LEO when the concept was first
 >> proposed.  The proponents, at that time, touted the "easy sat" concept
 >> as well as a method to promote participation as an AMSAT member, at the
 >> the very least..  A lot of us questioned those concepts from the
 >> beginning.  A lot of those people probably aren't even around any
more.
 >> Abolutely nothing to do with the subsequent "after launch"
evaluations...

 >> Again, has membership increased?
 >>
 >> Have donations increased??

 >> I am not JUDGING ECHO...My comments question whether or not it should
 >> ever have been built to begin with, or should all those bucks been
saved
 >> to use on a HEO??
 >>
 >> The saving grace for survival of amateur satellites is certainly with
 >> ESA and Germany and all other ESA involved supporters...And I am one....

Dave,

First; Thank you for taking my words out of context.
    Always a classy move.

Second; You act like you missed this.  You must just be pretending to
    not know that Echo is primarily a digital satellite.  An FM mode was
    added, but it's mission is to prove out digital techniques for use on
    later sats.  It never has been, and from the web page looks like it
    still isn't an FM-only sat.
    So which sat are you boasting of complaining about?

Brian