Another financial question

I was just looking at the last sentence of the AMSAT 51 on 51 Award:

"....promoting good will among satellite operators and increasing awareness
of the Amateur Satellite Service."

That alone makes Echo 51 a success in my eyes not to mention all the folks
operating it with HT's, mobiles, TNCs and so on. AMSAT has gotten my
membership because of Echo 51 and they continue to get my donations because
of it.

Here is another success story? Go to the Amsat Journal Vol 27, #2 and read
about VE4WMK. A ten year old young lady being able to make her first
contacts on a LEO with FM.

Bottom line, LEOs are the entry for many to work satellites. They are needed
and are appreciated in the same way as HEOs (as shown by the majority in the
last survey (same journal as above).

The question is not if membership increases because of one satellite or the
other, the question is what are we (you and me) doing, actively, to promote
the hobby and increase membership with the existing satellites in orbit. As
long as we are doing our part, membership and donations will increase and
the diversity of available satellites will grow.

73, Stefan VE4NSA