AMSAT Booth at Charlotte, NC Hamfest this Weekend

AMSAT will be have a booth at the upcoming ARRL North Carolina State
Convention (Charlotte Hamfest and ComputerFair) this weekend.  It will
be located at booth #37 in Freedom Hall at the Charlotte Merchandise
Mart, 2500 E. Independence Blvd. (US-74).  Hamfest hours are 0830-1700
on Saturday and 0830-1400 on Sunday.

An AMSAT Forum is scheduled from 1030-1130 Saturday in Room DD-414.
The presentation will briefly cover three areas:  AO-51, AMSAT's
Mission and Vision, and Eagle.  Satellite demos are also planned during
the hamfest.

Saturday will be the busiest day of the hamfest and at this point I
have been unable to find anyone who can commit to assist with manning
the booth on Saturday.  If there are any AMSAT members who will be at
the hamfest and could help out, it would certainly be appreciated.  In
particular, I'm looking for someone to help from 1015-1145 so that I
can setup and do the Forum as well as from 0915-0945 in order to allow
me to setup and conduct an AO-51 satellite demo outside the main
entrance of the building (Hopefully, testing of AO-51 will be concluded
by then and the satellite will be back in operation).  I could also use
some help Saturday afternoon around 1445-1530.

Hopefully we'll be able to conduct two AO-51 demos on Sunday (starting
around 1020 and 1200) as I do expect to have assistance from an AMSAT
volunteer who is not available on Saturday.

Anyone who is in position to help out, please e-mail me at
wd4asw@amsat.org.

If you are attending the Charlotte Hamfest this weekend, please stop by
and say hello.

73

Barry
WD4ASW