RE: Fwd: Re: Another financial question

Hi Luc,

Glad I could help on your question.  Hope those facts helped. The reason
I did not answer these questions earlier or any financial questions for
that fact, because Iím a strong believer that the BB should be used for
technical ideas as it being a public board for an organization that's
mission statement is amateur satellites, not guns, fishing or other
deviations from mission.  So, I did not want/nor do not want to turn the
board into an opinion board, blog or poll about issues related to
non-satellite operations.  I always believed that all the financials and
documents are publicly posted on the AMSAT website for all to view.  To
further question the issues involved, there is a BOD and officers that
should answer member's (yours and mine) questions on non-satellite
operations. I think this forum should be a factual board presented with
ideas to promote satellites as written in our mission statement and our
understanding of why we join. My opinion only, but, I personally not
being as technically savvy as many of our members would prefer to read
about technologies.  Guess that is why I joined and keep my membership
as well. For example, Bob Bruningaís posts are always a joy to read
because they are so informative about technical issues.  Of course there
are many others that provide great technical insight.

So, feel free to e-mail me with any questions that you may have on the
facts that I presented.  Iíd be glad to answer whatever questions I can
about statement presentations.  Iím sure Gunther would answer more
detailed questions since he is privy to the finer details, as I am not.

Remember, those were not arguments, per se, but factual accounting
standards that had to fit within the comfort of our outside auditors.
Compare them to the example of why one must travel at 100km per hour on
a posted road.  Because that is what the regulations and signs state
that you must do to not pay a consequence.

73 and hoping for spring,
Greg
N3MVF