RE: Fwd: Re: Another financial question

>But are those fair questions?

Brian, I'll let the answerers decide if they are fair, or not...

>AFTER Echo launched, it was dragged
>through the HEO vs LEO and FM-only vs other-mode wars that take up
>so much of this group.

Wrong, some of us protested an FM only LEO when the concept was first
proposed.  The proponents, at that time, touted the "easy sat" concept as
well as a method to promote participation as an AMSAT member, at the the
very least..  A lot of us questioned those concepts from the beginning.  A
lot of those people probably aren't even around any more.  Abolutely
nothing to do with the subsequent "after launch" evaluations...

Again, has membership increased?

Have donations increased??

>  It has been the stone on which many different
>axes have been ground, but my recollection is that the builders said
>they were trying to prove out some digital techniques.  Seems to me
>that that is the criterion by which to judge Echo.

I am not JUDGING ECHO...My comments question whether or not it should ever
have been built to begin with, or should all those bucks been saved to use
on a HEO??

The saving grace for survival of amateur satellites is certainly with ESA
and Germany and all other ESA involved supporters...And I am one....

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....