Re: AO-51 PBP modulation scheme

Andrew,

How about a sound card and software for 9600 baud satellites?  If you look around, you'll find the code you need (all free maybe?) and information on how to do it.

Howard G6LVB has a great write up on doing just this type of thing, using Wisp:  http://www.g6lvb.com/Articles/MixWWisp.htm

Maybe that will get you started with little startup funds!

(Keep in mind that one user of this BBS is working on software for 38k4 decoding via a sound card :)

73,

Mark N8MH

At 02:10 PM 3/8/2005 -0500, Andrew Harris wrote:
>Hello,
>
>   I am interested in interacting with the AO-51 PACSAT, but I can't
>really afford the PACComm Spirit-2 and was looking at the various
>types of homebuilt modems, like the Alef Null DSP modem, and the YAM
>FPGA based modem.
>
>   However, I have read that while these are "packet radio modems",
>they are not satisfactory for satellite work.  I was assuming the
>reason for this is they don't support the type of modulation used by
>AO-51 PACSAT.
>
>   I don't really understand why they wouldn't be useable, and am
>wondering if anyone has some suggestions for homebuilt modem/TNCs that
>would be useable for AO-51 PACSAT.
>
>thanks,
>-andrew
>----