Mode L/S

I just put up a 36" dish with a W0LMD dual band patch feed for L/S.  It has an
K5GNA AIDC downconverter.  My 910 has the 1.2 ghz module and it has been
tested to have about 10 to 12 watts of output power.  Unfortunately, the cable
I am currently using is 125 ft. long piece of 9913.  I figure I *might* get 2
watts to the patch.

I know that there are issues with the 1.2ghz overloading the front end of the
2.4ghz downconverter and that there are filters that can be bought or made to
help the problem.  My question is:  Are the overload problems so bad with a
patch that I may damage the downconverter or is it just a nuisance to the
operator?

Karl R. Sandstrom, K5MAN
AMSAT Area Coordinator
W5YI Volunteer Examiner