DRO oscillator question

Hello AMSATs,

Today I have been testing a small ~10GHz DRO
oscillator design, but it was not working at all.

The design I took from the BFP640 application notes,
found on the internet. I used a DRO from an old LNB
and a BFP640 like in the circuit.

What I was wondering is if such a DRO oscillator can
work just in free air. I would say its no problem but
when I see LNB DRO oscillators they are all in a kind
of cavity with tuning screw.

Unfortunatly my time is to little to do the
experiments now, but maybe someone can already give me
some hint how to get it oscillate :o)

73 de PE1RAH,
William
---