Re: Rotor pot

Many thanks for the compliment Dave.  You are indeed right about the rivet
connections.  In the modern replacement pot, not only is the rivets soldered
but an additional ground wire has been fitted from the rotor to the 3/8 inch
mounting around the shaft.  These have a hole in the center of the rear
portion with the wire coming out of the hole to a solid frame ground.
     John, it looks like you have something other than the pot acting up.  By
simulating the action of the pot on the bench and proving the needle moves
smoothly, it probably is not the pot!  You might check the external wiring from
the rotor to the box again on the bench, to find out.  Corrosion and age often
do strange things.  Cliff K7RR