Re: Running tlmecho and WISP simultaneously

Hello Sion Chow,

What I have done is to have Wisp run TLMECHO instead of MSPE by changing that in the satellite setup under Scheduling/Program.  It seems that I had to put a copy of all of the TLMECHO files/folders in the same directory as Wisp to get things to work well together.  Then it launches TLMECHO and still controls rotors/frequencies, etc. as normal.

I have been wondering about running a parallel RxD and ground line from the back of the TNC into another serial port (only the one line plus ground, no others) that is running TLMECHO...any ideas if this might work?

I am interested in any solutions that might come your way!  I like your idea #2 below--a software solution would be elegant.

73,

Mark N8MH

At 03:32 PM 3/6/2005 -0500, Sion Chow Q. C.  9W2QC wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>This may sound like a silly question, but thought that I will put it
>in though.
>
>Currently, as AO-51's BBS is closed and it's only in 9k6 data mode, I
>am using NOVA to control the rotator and doppler.  TLMECHO is then run
>to capture the 9k6 telemetry from the TNC.
>
>In other times, I usually use WISP together with WISPDDE for rotator
>and doppler control.  However, the problem that I am facing is, once
>MSPE starts, MSPE starts using the com port of the TNC.  Therefore, if
>I attempt to start TLMECHO, it will give an error that the com port of
>the TNC is already opened.
>
>Now my two questions will be:
>
>1. Is it possible to temporarily command MSPE to release the TNC com
>port during a particular pass while still maintaing some feature in
>MSPE (like to change the uplink and downlink frequencies)?
>
>2. Is there a software that would capture what is going on the TNC com
>port and perhaps emulate it to another virtual serial port that can be
>used by tlmecho?
>
>Or perhaps are there any other better solutions?
>
>Thank you very much in advance.
>
>73,
>Sion Chow Q. C.,
>9W2QC.