Re: Running tlmecho and WISP simultaneously

Hi Mark,

Thanks you for your response.

Your idea of trying to run a cable parallel to the RxD and ground line
of the TNC might be a good try.  I'll try it out when I get the time
and let you know the results.  (Just hopefully I don't fry the TNC...
hi hi)

Yes, a software solution would be great.  I have tried searching for
such a software but failed to find one and that's what prompted me to
post this message here to see if anyone could offer some solutions.

Have a nice day and 73,
Sion Chow Q. C.,
9W2QC.

> Hello Sion Chow,
>
> What I have done is to have Wisp run TLMECHO instead of MSPE by
changing that in the satellite setup under Scheduling/Program.  It
seems that I had to put a copy of all of the TLMECHO files/folders in
the same directory as Wisp to get things to work well together.  Then
it launches TLMECHO and still controls rotors/frequencies, etc. as
normal.

> I have been wondering about running a parallel RxD and ground line
from the back of the TNC into another serial port (only the one line
plus ground, no others) that is running TLMECHO...any ideas if this
might work?

> I am interested in any solutions that might come your way!  I like
your idea #2 below--a software solution would be elegant.