TH-D7 Programming

Good day, all
I must be *really* dense, because I just can't figure
out how to get the transmit and receive freqs for Echo
stored in my TH-D7 in a way that appears usable to me.
I can store the receive freqs (group of 5 channels,
5kHz apart), and name them, but can't seem to figure
out how to keep the transmit on 145.920 while tuning
between the receive frequencies. The manual is just
about useless for explaining sat ops, or how to keep
the transmit on a single frequency while tuning among
a group of stored freqs _on different bands_.
Can anybody point me to a quick-start guide or provide
a little advice?
TIA, Jim  KQ6EA