Terrestrial FM on Sat Frequencies

Howdy from Bill K7MT Helena, Montana.

I spend quite a bit of time on the Amateur Satellites and over the last 6
months we are hearing Terestrial QSO's on the satellite input frequency of
145.850 and 145.920 and 145.950. We have been trying to get a callsign to no
avail so far. The 145.950 is input for FO-29 and we are hearing FM on the
bird on the SSB linear transponder.

Would you please mention in your Satellite Section of QST the portion of the
band for satellites and that terestrial stations should refrain from using
this section.  This might get the attention of those folks that are using
this area and they will move off !!!!!

Hope you take this into consideration for QST so we can try to reach those
folks using the satellite input frequencies.

Thanks Bill Erhardt K7MT AMSAT 33461

Steve's Response from ARRL.....

Good point, Bill. My next column in the June QST will likely concentrate on
Field Day, but I can mention this as well.

73 . . .  Steve, WB8IMY