Re: Yaesu G5500 rotor repair progress

Hello the Net:

Consider fashioning a cover to the elevation rotator out of a bucket or
a waste basket.
fit to cover both sides of the boom bearings and secure with a bungee.
I use either a black or a forest green plastic color which lasts me more
than 2
years before embrittiling and cracking from the UV.

Be sure to use a lubricant with a useable temperature range. Also use a
good anti seize compound on the
outside hardware, most important when using dissimilar metals, that will
corrode together if not treated.

Stan, WA1ECF   FN41sr   Cape Cod, MA

zzzzzz