Yaesu G5500 rotor repair progress

Thanks to everyone who responded with lots of good information to help with
my rotor repair! And yes, I needed an impact driver to dislodge the eight
Phillips head screws. (For the U.S. hams, my local Ace hardware stocked a
nice manual impact driver for about $10.)

The unit had been up 2.5 years before the elevation section got sluggish and
finally froze. Here on the Oregon coast we got LOTS of rain and salt spray,
and some of it found its way into the housing. The gearing is fine, but the
bearings are shot.

I've posted a picture of what it looked like inside at:

http://webpages.charter.net/k.swaggart/W7KKE/rotor/rotor.html

New bearings and retainers are on order, so it should be primed, painted,
reassembled, and reinstalled in a week or so. I intend to use lots of
lithium grease during reassembly!

73,
Ken, W7KKE, CN75xa