38k4 on Echo -- Can you record the signal?

I am working on a DSP soundcard demodulator
for the 38k4 signal from Echo and I am looking
for volunteers to record the 38k4 signal from
Echo using their computer soundcard. Echo is
scheduled to be transmitting at 38k4 for only
one single day in March -- March 2 (UTC) --
that's Tuesday night and Wednesday in the
United States. The 38k4 signal will be on
435.150 MHz.

Do you already have a radio receiver with a
discriminator output and a wide enough receive
bandwidth that it can pass the 38k4 signal,
and do you have a soundcard that can record
at 48000 samples per second or faster?

If you have all of the above, then you can
try to record the 38k4 signal from Echo. I'll
take whatever recordings I can get.  If you
have a favorite soundcard recording program,
then just set it to record 8-bit (or 16-bit)
samples, 48000 samples per second (or faster)
and then record as much of the pass as you
can.

If you don't have a suitable recording
program, I have an "experimental" recording
program you can try at

http://members.aol.com/dquagliana/rec48000/rec48000.zip

It's about 190k to download. There's nothing to
install except the EXE, and the documentation is
in the .ZIP file.  Audio level adjustment is
critical, so I suggest you try to make a "test"
recording BEFORE the satellite pass in order
to adjust the levels.  The rec48000 program has
a built-in level meter to help you get the
levels correct.

Douglas KA2UPW