AO-51 March Schedule

Taken from the Amsat Website:
http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/echo/ControlTeam.php

March 2005 AO-51 (Amsat Echo) Schedule
Updated 24 Feb 2005

All dates are UTC. The mode change occurs normally between 0100 and 0400
utc on the date shown. The mode will be active from the date shown until
the next Mode Change date listed. Mode Configurations are listed below the
schedule. If for some unplanned reason we need to work with Echo and
deviate from the plan I will post a note to the this Echo page on
AMSAT.ORG.

If a specific transmitter or mode is not listed on a given day then it
will be off. For example, if TXB (435.300) is not listed during a 38k4
digital mode period then the FM repeater will be off.

24 Feb
FM Repeater, V/U
Uplink: 145.920 mhz FM, 67 hz PL Tone
Downlink 435.300 mhz FM
9k6 Digital, V/U, PBP BBS (Pacsat Broadcast Protocol BBS)
Uplink: 145.860 mhz FM, 9k6 PBP Digital
Downlink: 435.150 mhz FM, 9k6 PBP Digital

2 Mar - Exp Wed - 38k4 Digital Mode
38k4 Digital Downlink, V/U, PBP BBS (Pacsat Broadcast Protocol BBS)
Uplink: 145.860 mhz FM, 9k6 PBP Digital
Downlink: 435.150 mhz FM, 38k4 PBP Digital
This session is part of the Command Station Testing Period.

3 Mar -
Command Station Testing
We need to run some tests on the satellite. During this window the
satellite will be changed into different setups. Those configurations will
be posted here and on the amsat-bb as soon as possible. The satellite will
be open in the mode configured for general use.

9 Mar - Exp Wed - Mode L/U as requested via ao51-modes
FM Repeater, L/U
Uplink: 1268.700 mhz FM, No PL Tone
Downlink 435.300 mhz FM

9 Mar
FM Repeater, V/U
Uplink: 145.920 mhz FM, 67 hz PL Tone
Downlink 435.300 mhz FM
9k6 Digital, V/U, PBP BBS (Pacsat Broadcast Protocol BBS)
Uplink: 145.860 mhz FM, 9k6 PBP Digital
Downlink: 435.150 mhz FM, 9k6 PBP Digital

16 Mar - Exp Wed - PSK31
PSK31, 10 meters/U
Uplink: 28.140 mhz USB
Downlink 435.300 mhz FM
Please send reports of your activity on this mode to the
ao51-modes@amsat.org e-mail address. I want to get a feel for the number
of stations utilizing this mode.

17 Mar
FM Repeater, V/U
Uplink: 145.920 mhz FM, 67 hz PL Tone
Downlink 435.300 mhz FM
9k6 Digital, V/U, PBP BBS (Pacsat Broadcast Protocol BBS)
Uplink: 145.860 mhz FM, 9k6 PBP Digital
Downlink: 435.150 mhz FM, 9k6 PBP Digital

23 Mar - Exp Wed - QRP Mode
QRP Experimenters Wednesday, note uplink frequency, NO PL Tone
Please follow the QRP requirements listed below
FM Repeater, V/U
Uplink: 145.880 mhz FM, NO PL Tone required
Downlink 435.300 mhz FM

24 Mar
FM Repeater, V/S
Uplink: 145.920 mhz FM, 67 hz PL Tone
Downlink 2401.200 mhz FM

30 Mar - Exp Wed
FM Repeater, L/S
Uplink: 1268.700 mhz FM, No PL Tone
Downlink 2401.200 mhz FM

31 Mar
FM Repeater, V/U
Uplink: 145.920 mhz FM, 67 hz PL Tone
Downlink 435.300 mhz FM
9k6 Digital, V/U, PBP BBS (Pacsat Broadcast Protocol BBS)
Uplink: 145.860 mhz FM, 9k6 PBP Digital
Downlink: 435.150 mhz FM, 9k6 PBP Digital

AO-51 ECHO LOW POWER STATION (QRP) REQUIREMENTS:

To attempt to keep this simple a low power station will be defined as a
station which can deliver no more than 10 watts to a vertical or handheld
antenna.

Some examples of Low Power Stations:
1) Using an HT (barefoot, no amplifier) with 10 watts or less output into
any type of vertical whip antenna (rubber duck, etc) or handheld beam
antenna (arrow type).
2) Using a mobile station with 10 watts or less output into car mounted
mobile whip antenna(s).
3) Using a base station at 10 watts output into a vertical omnidirectional
antenna on the side of the house.

Examples that are NOT Low Power Stations:
1) Any type of high gain beam antenna, KLM, M2, Cushcraft, etc.
2) Any station transmitting over 10 watts into any type of antenna.

How well we operate the satellite within these guidelines will determine
how much we can run this mode in the future. So lets try and do this
right!