Re: Yaesu G5500 rotor repair hints?

Hi Ken,

No experience with the G5500 rotor unfortunately, but on my website
I have pictures of the repair work on my Yeasu KR400 and KR500,
such that you get an idea.

My KR500 was complete stuck, after I took it apart and cleaned/repaired
it, it worked again perfectly ! It's amazing how small the motor inside is.
Be carefull with potmeters, they are wired ones which get damaged easily.

Have a look at: www.qsl.net/pa3guo under "Rotors".
Success with the repair !

Henk, PA3GUO
email: pa3guo@amsat.org