Re: Yaesu G5500 rotor repair hints?

Hi Ken,

No experience with the G5500 rotor unfortunately, but on my website I have
some pictures of the repair work on my Yeasu KR400 and KR500, such
that you can get an idea about the internals.

My KR500 was completely stuck, but after I took it apart and
cleaned/repaired
the unit, it worked again perfectly ! It's amazing how small the motor
inside is.
Be carefull with the potmeters, they are wired ones which get damaged
easily.

Have a look at: www.qsl.net/pa3guo under "Rotors".
Success with the repair !

Henk, PA3GUO