Re: 56002 EVM and 38k4

It is possible to modify the g3ruh 9k6 modem to run at different speeds
including 38k4.  See the notes by James at:

 http://www.amsat.org/amsat/articles/g3ruh/109a.txt

Of course you also need the TNC to be able to run the serial link to the
PC at a speed greater than 38k4.

My testing of the 56002 EVM at 38k4 was that it was right on the limits
of the EVM capability and would miss quite a lot of packets.

-- John,  g0orx/n6lyt

--
John Melton <John.Melton@Sun.COM>
Sun Microsystems, IT CTO