Re: Re: [bod] Warning: DMHO -- A Serious Threat to Your Satellites and Your

I think this sums it all up pretty well!

73, Scott WA6LIE
______________________

This isn't really a funny, but it's pretty telling about the state
of our society. . .

 A freshman at Eagle Rock Junior High won first prize at the
Greater Idaho Falls Science Fair, April 26.  He was attempting to
show how conditioned we have become to the alarmists practicing
junk science and spreading fear of everything in our environment.
In his project he urged people to sign a petition demanding strict
control or total elimination of the chemical "dihydrogen monoxide."

And for plenty of good reasons, since it can;
   1. cause excessive sweating and vomiting
   2. it is a major component in acid rain
   3. it can cause severe burns in its gaseous state
   4. accidental inhalation can kill you
   5. it contributes to erosion
   6. it decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes
   7. it has been found in tumors of terminal cancer patients
   8. a major disease carrying agent

   He asked 50 people if they supported a ban of the chemical.
   Forty-three said yes, six were undecided, and only one knew that
   the chemical was water.  The title of his prize winning project
   was,"How Gullible Are We?"  He feels the conclusion is obvious.