Re: 38k4 radios and modems ?

I can also confirm that the PCR1000 works well for 38k4 data.  You do
need to adjust the tuning for doppler for optimal results.  The PCR1000
should be configured for Narrow FM at 50 KHz and you should use the
standard 9600 packet socket for connection to the TNC.  The Wide FM uses
a different circuit in the receiver and does not have any takeoff for
the digital signal.

Although not published by Icom,  the commands to control the PCR1000
have been well distributed on the web.  I believe that there is some
code to work with WiSP available.  I wrote my own in Java as I do not
run any Microsoft systems!

Regards,

-- John  g0orx/n6lyt

--