Re: Satellite Inquiry

The 910H in Satellite Mode has the tuning calibrated to compensate this.
Since I didn't design it I can't tell you the how, but I can tell you my
observations on the what.  It appears to me that by predicting the receive
doppler offset it accurately compensates for the transmit doppler.  The
documentation in the 910H user guide seems to bear this out.

73,

Emily

At 08:56 PM 2/23/2005 -0800, Jim Walls wrote:
>Emily Clarke wrote:
>
>Mind telling my how?  You can only guess (sort of close) as to how much of
>the doppler is on the uplink vs downlink.  Without knowing exactly one or
>the other, you can never achieve FDT.

W0EEC - CM87tm

Join AMSAT!  http://www.amsat.org