RE: How to insert formulae into Word and similar documents?

Alan,

There is an equation editor built-in MS Word.

To use it:
Insert -> Object -> Microsoft Equation

You may have to install (or rather activate) it. To do this, follow these
guidelines from the Word help page:

- Double-click the Add or Remove Programs icon in the Windows Control Panel.

- Do one of the following:
    If you installed your Office program as part of Microsoft Office, click
Microsoft Office in the Currently installed programs box, and then click the
Change button.

    If you installed your Office program individually, click the name of
your program in the Currently installed programs box, and then click the
Change button.

Follow the instructions on the screen.

I find this equation editor easy and intuitive to use.

Hope this helps,

--
/\/\arc