Re: kp-2/440 mirage preamp

Hello Jeffrey,

While I can't comment on your preamp, I'll add my $0.02 about the other questions.

First, realize that until this evening (Wednesday night East coast time) AO-51 is transmitting 38k4 packet.  So, unless you are setup for that speed (normally requires extensive rig mods!), you won't be able to print 9600 baud data until either late tonight or tomorrow.

Yes, Wisp puts the TNC in and out of KISS mode.  Some TNCs are picky and folks have to put special commands in either (or both!) startup and shutdown config files.  I can't remember the file names--never had to use them!

In my hands, TLMECHO does a good job of putting a TNC INTO KISS mode, but doesn't get it out of KISS mode very well...  I took the backup battery out of my TNC so if it gets confused/stuck in KISS mode, a power ON/OFF fixes it.

I'm happy to see you moving forward with packet and AO-51!  I've actually found great enjoyment in experimenting with the various modes it has been running lately--every thing from QRP to portable to S-band to 38k4!  There is really something for everyone!!

Hope to see you "in the queue" on AO-51 soon!

73,

Mark N8MH