Re: Satellite Inquiry

Hi all!
Bill, a very interesting question ...  but I ask to know dimensions, max
weight and power availability for this project.
Before choosing a mode, we need to know (not perfectly but very well
defined) structural constraints for
antenna dimensions ...
A good ideas is to design an onboard transponder for wich a very simple
groundstation should be use.
SSB is more efficient than FM, as channel bandwidth and power used; FM use
is driven only by portable
equipments commercially available (commercial reasons only) not for
technical reasons.
Many people enjoy today on experiencing QSO via "old" AO7 or AO10
satellites; why not repeat this today?

73' de Paolo, IW3QBN
[AMSAT Italy]

owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org wrote on 02/21/2005 06:17:17 PM:

> Howdy from Bill K7MT AMSAT 33461.
>
> There is a possibility that amateur repeater can be placed on a
satellite
> being built by Montana State University for launch in 2006. It is in
> research stage right now so we need to put together a proposol for the
folks
> at MSU to see if it will fit into their configuration.
>
> One question from Mike KE4AZN is which frequencies would be
incorporated.
> Since we have three active FM birds V/U mode I am looking at proposing
U/S