Re: Weather satellite reception or SO-50 in India

Dear Andy
I dont see any problem in you receving the NOAA sat sigs.
SO-50 is not popular but a couple of us are active on  the AO-51.
You can apply for a reciprocal call
Not sure if you are moving closer to the borders AP and VU then you have to
be specific to the city or town you operate and days of operation.
You may mention that you wish to operate only Vhf and Uhf with the handheld
set.
Sensitive areas like Jammu Kashmir parts of Punjab and other states close to
the borders will need their special attention
However you may try for a reciprocal licence for Vhf  / Uhf operation

Send  by EMS Speed Post  ( Fast & safe ) /  Regd Post , please do not send
by private couriers like Fedex, DHL etc because private delivery boys are
not permitted to enter the office, it will be recvd at the ground floor
security, it may then take its own course upto the 5 or 6 floor Hi !
As this office complex has many govt offices and many depts in the Min of
Communication & IT

As EMS speedpost is a Govt postal service you would be sure of it reaching
and getting an acknowledgement. ( on the envelope mention Kind Attn Mr Rama
Rao  - Amateur Section )
You may fax a copy to Mr Rama Rao directly Tel and Fax nos below.
Talk to him direct too office work 5 days 10AM to 5PM IST best time to call
him would be between
3 pm to 5 pm IST or ( 0930-1130 UTC )

Address your correspondence

The Asst. Wireless Adviser
Government of India
Ministry of Communications & Information Technology
Department of Telecommunications
WPC Wing, Amateur Section
521, Sanchar Bhawan
New Delhi 110001

Mr Rama Rao is the Asst Wireless Adviser and his direct tel no is
011-23036951
Fax No. is 011-2371 6111

Mr.Irshad Ahmed  is the Engineer looking after Amateur Radio matters.
His phone no is : 011-2303 6181

Good luck
Best 73
Pop