Re: Microwave Oven at 2450 Mhz

On 20 Feb 2005 at 6:38, M. K. Hess wrote:

> I've often wondered if the Klystons & Magnetron tubes from old microwave
> ovens are at all useful in constructing a 13cm transmitter. Any thoughts on
> that?
>
> N3EAQ
> 73

I remember some post on some Wifi BB where some report tests to boost
wireless routers signal using microwave components. Main problems
reported where:

Instability, spurious harmonics, not filtration or isolation from
square waves.  In short it seems to be very hard to make these tubes
working as an amplifier on 2.4GHZ.

"-"
Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT Quebec coordonnator