Re: Microwave Oven at 2450 Mhz

On 20 Feb 2005 at 6:38, M. K. Hess wrote:

> I've often wondered if the Klystons & Magnetron tubes from old microwave
> ovens are at all useful in constructing a 13cm transmitter. Any thoughts on
> that?
> 73

I remember some post on some Wifi BB where some report tests to boost
wireless routers signal using microwave components. Main problems
reported where:

Instability, spurious harmonics, not filtration or isolation from
square waves.  In short it seems to be very hard to make these tubes
working as an amplifier on 2.4GHZ.

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT Quebec coordonnator
AMSAT 33583