Re: Microwave Oven at 2450 Mhz Health issue

On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 09:53:32AM -0500, Luc Leblanc VE2DWE wrote:
> On 19 Feb 2005 at 7:02, Gary "Joe" Mayfield wrote:

> Please be prudent when you are making TX test on your your 2.4GHZ
> antenna. Try to put your head as far as possible from the antenna
> main lobes "front of it".

Actually Luc has very good advice. This stuff is seriously dangerous
to play with. The worst part about this stuff is, it will cook your
insides completely painlessly. You will not know you are dead already
until later. There are nasty stories of radar techs doing exactly this.
Please be very careful.

> Avoid also RF exposure to your lower body parts. RF microwaves are
> known to be a cause of men sterility.  Women seems to be less
> affected as per my reading on this BB but he same advice stands for
> hers also as a precaution.

I have seen photos on the net of microwave ovens lighting candles at a
distance, you do not want to be anywhere close to the RF out of that.

Besides, it is more fun to open up your microwave oven put it up high
as far away from anyone close by and point it straight up
to see if you can get a rainbow on a wet day.

- 73, Diane VA3DB