Weather satellite reception or SO-50 in India

Hi

I will be in Northern India/ Punjab at the end of March and will have a few
days spare.

Does anyone know if receiving NOAA weather satllites is legal in India? If
so I would like to get some APT images off the daytime weather satellite -
should be spectacular!

Alternatively will there be any merit in taking a small Kenwood and Arrow
for SO-50 - I will have to get a VU license for this.

Any observations gratefully received either to the BB or direct to

callsign AT amsat dot org

Many thanks

andy, G0SFJ