Re: SGP4 vs PLAN13

Juan -

SGP4/SDP4 is the complete system for using NORAD TLEs to determine
satellite position.  Plan-13 is a subset of SGP4, using fewer terms.
For short-term predictions (two or three weeks), both algorithms provide
very good results.  Beyond a few weeks, SGP4 maintains accuracy for much
farther into the future than Plan-13.  Plan-13 is significantly smaller
and therefore faster.

73,
W9IP

--
Michael R. Owen, Ph.D.                      Dept. of Geology
Northern Lights Software Associates         St. Lawrence University