RE: Re: DirectTV Dish and 1.2 Patch

   Hi Jerry,

   I do have a BBQ Dish by K5GNA for 2.4 right now on a Yaesu G-5500
   rotor system. . It works farly good. I was hoping for a light weight
   dish for the other side of the boom for 1.2. I do have a IC-910 with a
   1.2 module coming Monday.

   Most of the replies I have received stated that the DirectTV dish
   would work fine with 2.4, but not very well on 1.2.  Oh well, I guess
   I will have to look at buying another antenna.

   I would like to thank all who replied. This is a great forum.

   73 de Angelo
   If you don't ask, you will never know!!
   >From: K5OE@aol.com
   >To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
   >Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: DirectTV Dish and 1.2 Patch
   >Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 21:23:47 -0500
   >
   >Angelo,
   >The small dish will not be efficient at 1.2 GHz, but it will work
   just fine with a patch feed for AO-51 and just a few Watts--if you
   have a rotor to put it on, and preferably with automatic tracking
   capability.  If you are planning to point it manually for AO-51,
   however, I suggest you use something with a lot less gain and
   something easier to handle, like a 1/4 wl vertical if you have 10
   Watts or a 3-el beam if you have only a Watt or two of power.

   >BTW, you did not say if you were also looking for 2.4 GHz on the same
   dish, but that is easy to accomplish with a dual patch or dual
   helices.  I used an 18" DirectTV dish with 10 W on AO-40 and made
   contacts at apogee (> 50,000 km).