Re: DirectTV Dish and 1.2 Patch

Angelo,

Patches are suitable to illuminate deep dishes. The
Direct TV dish is an offset fed reflector, and you
need a feed with higher gain (narrower beamwidth)
because it looks like a shallow dish, in the order of
0.7 focus/diameter ratio.

A 3 or 4 turn helix is a better choice.

73, Marc N2UO

http://mail.yahoo.com