Re: re: QRM 2m, question for sat builders

>Did that help?

>73,
>Tony AA2TX

Thanks for the excellent answer Tony. As normal, your ability to clearly explain these things is evident. One thing that has occured to me with regard to sky vs ground noise temperature is that while operating the LEOs, my antennas are normally pointed closer to the horizon and the warm earth, than overhead at cold sky. Surely this must influence the differences in noise temperature as seen by the receive system, even with directional antennas.

So far, it seems to me, the only substantial argument for J over B has been the digital bandwidth restrictions on a dual-mode (analog and digital) satellite.

73, Drew KO4MA