IC-910, AFC and Doppler

IC-910 owners:

When considering an S band downlink, with the IC-910 can you correct for
Doppler in software at the same time as using the AFC to correct for
downconverter LO and spacecraft exciter frequency drift?

I guess I'm asking if the AFC can pull the VFO while updates are written to
it from the CIV interface.

Another related question - how far will the AFC pull? If it was a totally
closed loop using only the AFC without open loop software controlled Doppler
correction, will the AFC pull from +35 to -35kHz?

73 Howard G6LVB