Trakbox

As a point of reference for future designs, how much power did the
trakbox consume?  Was it designed to be battery operated?
Also, how much did it cost?

I have an idea that could quickly produce a working unit but would cost
about $70-90 and would need about 5W.
Is this in the right ballpark?  I'm sure that one could best these
figures with a higher-end microcontroller but the programming for the
SGP4 algorithm is not trivial.

Thanks,
David Carr
KD5QGR