Re: re: QRM 2m, question for sat builders

>The path loss goes up with frequency but antenna gain goes up at the same
>rate for a constant size antenna. The pointing accuracy must be greater at
>higher frequencies but for the size antennas that amateurs use, this isn't a
>limiting factor below 2 GHz.

To bring this back to the original point, the required use of directional, gain antenna systems for receive is one of the factors that makes Mode J more difficult to the beginner. Theoretical this and that aside, my experience on the LEOs has shown that you can receive a 2m satellite downlink from LEO on just about anythng better than a wet noodle, and the same just can not be said for mode J.

73, Drew KO4MA