Re: How to redistribute Keps (was:PDA Software Question)

Hi Alain,

>Hello,
>
>I am the one who runs www.alain.it/keps
>Does anyone know if I have any legal way to keep
>legally running the site?
>
>Is it possible to redistribute the keps after
>altering them in some way that
>would not affect too much the predictions?

I already place the idea to convert the 2-lines into
AMSAT keplers format. This is a different notation and
not in US control.

>I know this idea looks stupid but the new US
>regulations about keplerian
>elements look the same...

Because you are in Italy, I would suggest that you are
not under US regulation. They only thing they can do
against you is block your acount on SPACE TRACK, but
thats not a real problem as there are many hams in the
world who can forward the keps via email to you :oP

>Thanks for your help
>
>Alain De Carolis
>iz6byy ww3ww

Its the same like with packet radio acces via
internet. In the beginning it was also forbidden here,
but via a "backdoor" we could enter packet radio via
an US internet link site and then connect to European
packet nodes.

With the keplers we can do the opposite :o)

On the other hand I don't know if there are any other
stations in the world that can do measure kepler
elements. Anyone knows ?

73
William
---