RE: re: QRM 2m, question for sat builders

> Understood, but somehow SO-35 and AO-7 overcame it, and my
> mobile rig is content to transmit 50 watts into the same
> antenna it listens on 435 with, with no ill effect given the
> right choice of frequencies. Isn't it better to deal with
> this problem once in the satellite and not at every ground station?

Agreed, the "newbie problem" is the second biggest issue on the "J" birds.
The biggest issue is the Asian QRM (for us here).  And the same ground
stations persist in making long CQ calls, while to those of us in the know,
it's blatently obvious they can't hear the downlink.

When you get 4 stations on and 3 can't hear you reply, it's a tad
frustrating (especially if those 3 then proceed to accidentally QRM the
station you can work!).

> Conversely, Mode J leaves you with conflicting uplinks, with
> seems to be a bigger problem (listen to FO-29 during a mutual
> pass with AO-51). If we had enough 2 way LEOs to fill up 2
> meters I wouldn't be upset if they sometimes overlapped.

Occasionally had that in the past, never caused me any issues.

> When I worked AO-7 and SO-35 with 5 watts, amplifier expense
> did not seem to be a big issue....

I had been known to work it on 0.5W... What amplifier expense?

> >Just wait for P3e, it will have MODE-UV (the old
> >MODE-B) :o)
>
> I can not wait my friend, I am in need of a HEO in a bad
> way...but I was specifically discussing mode choices at LEO.

Well, HEO the only way I'll be able to talk to you... :)