Re: QRM 2m, question for sat builders

Hi Gang,

If you want a great mode for beginners, and for old timers,  lets have some
Mode A birds.
I know its not interesting to satellite builders, but I bet its interesting
to lots of Amsat members worldwide.
Remember the fun on RS-10?  Its not just nostalgia on my part,  Mode A (2m
up 10m down) has real benefits

Omni directional receive antenna, two bits of wire 8ft long as an inverted V
or dipole. Easy and costs nothing.

Uplink on 2m with a few watts into a vertical. Easy.

USB uplink and downlink. Plenty of  room for QSO's in the passband.

Easy Doppler correction at 29MHz.

73 John G7HIA