RE: QRM 2m, question for sat builders

> Don't get me wrong...I love all the ham satellites. I just
> would love to see more easy to hear downlinks, and less
> newbie heads beating against the wall trying to hear a
> satellite downlink.

I have to agree, the newbie problem is quite common here, perhaps in terms
of percentage of operators, more so.

And the most frustrating part is down this way, you can rarely contact the
newbie to give them pointers, though I have done so when within simplex
range and helped them get their Rx up to scratch.

SO-35 had far fewer newbie issues, because of the stronger downlink, and the
fact most hams have 70cm rigs capable of 35-50W, so they can "brute force"
the uplink.