From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org] On Behalf
Of Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2005 11:28 PM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] [ans] ANSel and Gretel..

On 13 Feb 2005 at 8:57, Lee McLamb wrote:

> AMSAT NEWS SERVICE
>
> ANS-044
>

> AMSAT treasurer Gunther Meisse, W8GSM was pleased to announce the
> closing of the 2004 books and the commencement of the formal Audit
this
> week. Meisse said new procedures implemented by our business
Manager,
> Martha Saragovitz in our Maryland office have lead to this more
timely
> year end closure. Donors, members, and the Board look forward to
the
> more timely information which is vital to good planning. When the
audit
> is complete it will immediately be posted on the AMSAT web site for
all
> our members to view.
>
> We have also instituted new budgeting & accounting procedures which
make
> future planning, cost control, and project progress analysis much
> easier. Hopefully within the next 12 to 18 months we will select
and
> implement new accounting software which will still further assist
us
> with the management of our organization.
>
> [ANS thanks Gunther, W8GSM for the above information]
>
> /EX

Dont know to whom to ask my question Gunther? Martha? Lee? ANS?
but it is a good habit to follow on ANS news.  Instead of getting
always same "old" usual sat news it is good to see another kind of
news.

I can congratulates for that but not to a point to say it is the
"most trusted sources of news" but surely a small step for AMSAT a
giant one for membership kind.

Leaving this introduction i read on the 2003 AMSAT annual report at
the financial section some intriguing figures... As of December
(capital here i think) 31 2002 a 73009.30$ and on the "kind of
audited' 2002 financial statements a 153573$ amount for  which i
cannot understand why he's not the same.

Its is probably an enron i should say an error... but for the  first
one who can explain me this 80564$ difference i will put 10$ in my
AMER bin for a future donation. (There is still an unused 50$ amount
in it)

Thank's

"-"
Luc Leblanc VE2DWE