From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org] On Behalf
Of Reinhard Richter
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 4:45 PM
To: K5OE@aol.com
Cc: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Re: QRM on 145.920

Hello Jerry,

a PL tone is useless as long as the receiver on the sat is blocked by other
strong signals. You can only open the tonesquelch if your signal is
stronger than the pirate's signal. That you did not succeed with even 100
watts is the proof for that.
It happens also to me here in central Europe. We have a VHF telephone
system on the uplink which is rather strong and transmits continuously a
waiting tone, sometimes also a conversation could be heard. I often have to
increase my uplink power to get access to the satellite.

73,
 Reinhard
 DJ1KM