ARR in-shack preamps

I am looking to get a 70cm preamp to help with Mode J
on receive, and have found a couple of good deals on
the Advanced Receiver Research (ARR) 432 in shack
preamps.  I have used these before for weak signal
work, but not on the satellites.  Do these in shack
preamps really help on the downlink signal, especially
for SO50 and AO27, or would a mast mounted preamp be
the only think that would help?

73s John NE0P
http://mail.yahoo.com