RE: tracking

Sounds like a perfect match to a Linux based "Set Top Box".
These things are flying onto the market and are really cheap.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org]On
Behalf Of Marc Vermeersch (mvermeer)
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 12:42 AM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] tracking

to William Leijenaar

I understand from your posting on [amsat-bb] that you are looking for an
tracking mechanism that is independent from a PC.

I'm currently working on porting sdp4sgp4 to a microcontroller. I would
be interested in receiving your "requirements" for such a system.

The system that I'm working on has the following:
- USB connection to PC but it can run independently
- Serial ports to control 2 radio's
- Serial port to connect GPS for position detection
- Elevation and Azimuth control plus brakes
- LCD readout for autonomous use

--
/\/\arc
ON4AMV