Useless and an apology

On 8 Feb 2005 at 10:54, Mike Gilchrist wrote:

> Luc:
>
> I want to publicly apologize for what was a callous and unthinking
post to
> this BB yesterday.  I really did not mean to slight any participant
in
> amateur radio or this community who does not use English as a first

> language.  I did not mean to single you out for your use of a
second
> language.  I just didn't think it was appropriate to quote a "fun"
message

You got the point Mike when you said " I will try to be more
 tolerant" If i reference to those 3 "fun" messages not only to
"your" message,  it's to demonstrate that between some limits many
subjects can be discuss on this BB.

I was not judging the purpose of the "fun" message but i'm aware that
some individual can ask for explanations regarding the real intent
behind a post. BTW i just ask for that on the recent GPS-tsunami
thread...

The reference i made to the often seen "OT" on this BB was made on
purpose to make us understand what is OT for one cannot be OT for the
otherother.

I was in charge of the local club publicity couple of years ago and i
remember one fellow a french course teacher who as you said also
edited to a fault" It was fine slightly a pain in neck..but the only
one drawbacks we lost many articles in our monthly club journal.

I can imagine some folks reading on this BB who are not very good in
english they will refrain to ask for any questions fearing to be
edited. For the spell checker i'm using a french one and as you can
imagine he's not working very well in english. It is not a priority
here but i will look for one ASAP.

Thank's for your "mise au point" It is worthwhile for all of us.

"-"
Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT Quebec coordonnator
AMSAT 33583