Short beams for 1269 mhz and Leo'sS

Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a short , yagi,
quagi, etc for 1269 for AO51 use on mode L. I have a 16 turn helical but
was looking for something a bit more portable to try. Also vertical or
horizontal polarisation ? Which are you having most success with on mode L.
I fancy knocking something up this week and having a play, cheers
Keith VK6XH

--
Keith Bainbridge
VK6XH