Re: Re: NOVA troubles

Dan -

Yes, the latest release of Nova had some problems in launching Views
from the drop-down list.  I have fixed them in Build #11, available from
http://www.nlsa.com

> Yes it seems that Space Track uses different names than we are used
> to.  By clicking the Preserve Satellite Names box, Nova will use the
> old names and make it Kep updates through the Catalog number I guess.
> But if your like me while trying to figure this out and lost the old
> names by clcking the Clean button, I found two ways to get them back.
>  1.  I downloaded an old set of Keps from Celestrack ans made sure to
> check the Preserve Satellite Names box before updating with Space Track.
>
>  2. Or you can change the name in the Setup Satellites area.  Click
> the Preserve Satellite Names box before updating with Space Track.
> This way you can change it to whatever you want.

We will all have to get used to the way that Space-Track does things.
Nova will preserve whatever name you associate with a satellite if you
check the appropriate box in the internet download configuration
screen.  If you don't, then Nova assumes that you are OK with
Space-Track's name.

73,
W9IP

--
Michael R. Owen, Ph.D.                      Dept. of Geology
Northern Lights Software Associates         St. Lawrence University