Re: R: SkyCross 2.4 ghz antenna?

Hi All,
My 31 year old car runs quite well, it all has to do with maintenance! It
has the features I like, positive steering, electronic fuel injection,
controls and gauges labeled in English, etc. It doesn't have the features I
don't like, which is, it doesn't talk to me, it doesn't have a check engine
light, and gauges and controls are not covered with little characters that
need to be deciphered.

This obviously doesn't,t bother a lot of people, as most of the cars on the
road to day have all the features I do not like. The best part of all of
this, is in my Country, I have the freedom ot drive my car, and repair it.

In Amateur Radio just like my car, we all have the fredom to construct what
we want and operate it in accordance with the law.

FM birds are a way of reaching new operators, and maybe we don't like the
radios they drive,  but it brings new people to the satellite world.

Allot of our members spend their time on computer controlled tracking, and
Doppler shift compensation. Not all of us are computer gurus.

I enjoy building antennas and equipment demonstrating that you do not need
to spend thousandson Dollars on fancy equipment to work satellites.
I  worked AO-13 and AO-10 using two home built antennas on a 6' stepladder
for a Palomar Amateur Radio Club Field Dayin the mid 1990's.  I did create
interest in satellites, and one PARC member went on to become an elmer for
AMSAT. Again I am experimenting with antennas for LEO's and doing reasonably
well using a 1 wavelength QFH antenna.

Just like my choice of car, I am doing the antenna experiments for me. If
anyone else follows that is nice ,but I hope they are doing it for them, and
not to be just part of the crowd or be cool!

Art, KC6UQH
Amsat Mbr 24,268